Sunday, August 30, 2009

Awesome Weekend

So this weekend has been a great weekend! Friday my wonderful neighbor Jana watched my kids so I could clean my house! I know this doesn't sound very exciting, but I didn't get to go through my nesting stage while I was pregnant so I guess its hitting me now! I've been going crazy! My house has been driving me nuts so I told Darren that when his school money came in, we were getting our carpets cleaned for sure! So the carpets were to be cleaned Friday night, and I really wanted the house super clean beforehand. Its truly amazing what you can get accomplished when you're not chasing your kids around! So my house was super clean and then Darren treated me to a day at the spa! I got my hair cut, a massage, and a pedicure! Totally needed and completely fantastic! I feel like a new woman ;) I have such a wonderful husband! We woke up today and I really wasn't feeling like going to church, I told Darren I wanted to sleep all day! But we went and I am so glad we did. We were late as usual, but President Eyring was sitting on the stand next to our Bishop. He spoke after our scheduled speakers, which were wonderful as well. He spoke about how we need to lose ourselves in service. That if we are constantly serving those around us, the things we are going through won't feel so bad, and we will be blessed emmensly. It was definitely something I needed to hear. I feel like I've been so wrapped up in my own crazy life that I sometimes feel overwhelmed and get down on myself. I'm pretty sure if I worked more to help those in need around me, I'd feel better about myself... I know I would. Selfishly I feel he was there just for me, to tell me to be a better person, and I'm glad I got up and went to church to hear him. Off my soapbox now, I had a great weekend. I am so very lucky!

3 comments:

Amy Stewart said...

That is so cool, do you want to tell Dar that I need a day at the spa? You did need that, and thats so cool that Pres Eyring was there that would have been cool meeting to be at. Love you

ParkerandKatieDavis said...

I think parker should take a few pointers from Darin! Sounds like fun and wish I could have been to the meeting too. We miss that ward!

Kami said...

Hi! I need to see updated pictures of your kids! I hope you're doing good! I finally started a blog:)